Pull those shears out of their holster, we're going to learn the art of bonsai!Sunday, October 27, 8:00-9:30 am. With real plants as learning tools, Farmer Bill will show you how to evenly bonsai a plant, how to balance and position branches, and how to decorate the base. Bonsai make wonderful, thoughtful gifts. This is a free class with no need to RSVP.
We have a variety of seeds to choose from:
- San Diego Seed Company – sustainable heirloom seeds produced right here in San Diego!
- Kitazawa - America’s oldest Asian vegetable seed company.
- Reenes' Garden Seed – heirloom and old fashioned flowers, gourmet vegetable seeds and culinary herb seeds for the home garden.
- Burpee and Seeds of Change are in limited quantities this month, but will be restocked in November!
Did you know we sell seed from bulk? By the shot glass or tablespoon, you can choose from a wide range:
- cover crops
- wild flowers
Pumpkins are available for .69 per pound! Need a little orange for your fall decorating? Want to have fresh pumpkin for your pie?
Come by and check out our new shipment of herbs and fall/winter vegetables. Looking for something specific? Please call for availability.
Plan ahead for our Biointensive Gardening class! Saturday, November 2, 8:00 – 11:00 am. Taught by Sophia!
Grow all your vegetables in a very small space. Learn simple ways to produce and maintain healthy, highly productive soil year-round.
- Build a ‘lazy bed,’ double digging without hurting your back!
- Determine the best width and length of your beds and paths (bring your garden measurements).
- Plant different seedlings at specific distances for optimal growth, water conservation, and best microclimate for soil.
- Plant seeds in a simple-to-make seedling box at distances and depths specific to each plant.
- Learn how to build a no-stress/no-mess compost pile.
- Get a chance to ask any questions once you complete the hands-on part of the course.
How to secure your space: Fee: $45 (Gift Certificates available). PLEASE CONTACT SOFIA 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE so that we can have materials available and ready.
Can't make this date? This class will be repeated on the following days:
- November 22, 11am-2pm
- November 23, 8am-11am