Biointensive gardening: growing vegetables in very small spaces while simultaneously producing and maintaining healthy, highly productive soil year-round. In this course you will:
- Build a ‘lazy bed’ by double digging without hurting your back!
- Determine the best width and length of your beds and paths (bring your garden measurements).
- Plant different seedlings at specific distances for optimal growth, water conservation and best microclimate for soil.
- Plant seeds in a simple-to-make seedling box at distances and depths specific to each plant.
- Learn how to build a no-stress/no-mess compost pile.
- Get a chance to ask any questions once you complete the hands-on part of the course.
Fee: $45 (Gift Certificates available) Instructor: Sofia firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-203-0251
Saturday classes are offered twice a day! 8 - 11 am or 2 - 5 pm. January 4, 11, 18, or 25 Sunday classes are 9 am - 12 noon. January 12, 19, or 26
Please contact Sofia at least three days in advance!