Tomatoes are green now, but they will be lemony, sunny, and rosy later! Organically grown Dig 'em Up tomatoes now available:
- Sun Gold: considered the best cherry tomato
- Brandywine: large, rosy-pink fruits
- Lemon Boy: eye-catching lemon color with great flavor
A huge new shipment of herbs has arrived; the fruit trees look great...
...we have plenty of beautiful 6-pack strawberries...
... 5-gallon artichokes...
...and more Dig 'em Ups:
- Serrano chili
- Italian basil
Nursery classes available this weekend:
Gardening by the Light of the Moon, Saturday, March 22, 10:00 am FREE/RSVP is not required Instructor Pam Ciampi will teach the history of Gardening by the Moon and how to tell the best times to make your garden grow with the Moon. You will also find out an easy way to tell whether the moon is waxing or waning and which zodiac signs are best for planting, weeding, watering and harvesting.
Making Miso, Sunday, March 23, 10:00 am $22 includes materials/limit 20 participants To purchase a ticket go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/making-miso-tickets-10784034337 Austin Durant, founder of The Fermenters Club, presents this hands-on workshop featuring miso, the fermented bean paste that originated in Japan many centuries ago.
- LEARN about the history of miso, its many different forms, and then make a large batch using various legumes.
- WATCH the instructor unveil a one-year miso that was started in April 2013 to see the results of this long fermentation process.
- PACK a mason jar full of the homemade miso (but you'll have to wait a year to eat it)!
- ENJOY one of the most popular miso dishes-- homemade soup!