We have a healthy selection of peppers available in our Dig 'em Up veggies this week:
- sweet banana - mild and tangy
- Anaheim - long and mild; chile rellenos anyone?
- cayenne - HOT but healthy!
- jalapeno - did you know when dried and smoked they become chipotles?
- Poblano - when dried this is the ancho chili
- Padron - great appetizer!
- gold bell
- serrano - fiery heat, sharp flavor, delayed fuse!
New Dig 'em Up tomato releases this week:
- Early Girl
- San Diego Red
And Dig 'em herbs:
Also in stock as you begin your spring garden:
- plenty of seasonal veggies
- asparagus, horseradish, lemon grass, rosemary, lavender
Nursery Class: Simple Soft Cheeses Taught by Chef Kate Learn the process of making your own yogurt, cheeses, queso fresco, goat cheese and ricotta. Join us in the Big Kitchen to learn the basics of sterilization, procuring cheese making equipment and starters, as well as starting with the best milk products.
There was a limit of 15 participants in the kitchen, and these tickets are sold out.
However, there is plenty of room for observers, so please stop by! (Observers are free!)